Lead Nurse Commissioning Patient Flow and Quality
A large NHS organisation is currently seeking an interim Lead Nurse Commissioning – Patient Flow and Quality for a period of 3 – 6 months.
- Work directly with the discharge teams (in acute units) and across community and social care teams to proactively ensure the management of patients being discharged from acute services into community or social care provision;
- Ensuring that discharges from the services are managed in an integrated way and provide a fast and efficient pathway for each individual patients;
- Assess and identify issues within the patient pathways, across Step Up Step Down community beds, and between the continuing healthcare, community and social care support services;
- Provide senior strategic leadership for the discharge of residents from acute Trusts;
- Monitor and ensure a responsive service (across the range of support services for discharge) for complex discharge patients from acute Trusts;
- Ensure that patients receive safe and effective discharge care from the range of providers (community, social care, continuing healthcare) to meet their individual care needs in a timely manner;
- Liaison with organisations within the health system at both an operational and strategic level.
- Participate in the development of clinical policy relating to patient flow processes;
- Deputise for Chief Nurse as appropriate;
- Excellent partnership and joint working within and beyond the organisation will be vital for the role, ensuring that developments are patient-centred and clinically-led, leading to sustained improvements in health, in quality of care, and in more effective use of resources.
- Provide visible high level leadership to discharge planning team in dealing with difficult situations/conflict and other professional/clinical issues;
- Provide high level professional clinical advice, must hold current registration as RGN;
- Provide clinical nurse leadership and strategic advice within the CCG and support to the Local Authority where relevant;
- Must hold CCG relevant experience.