Clinical Workstream Manager
- To manage, support and develop the Clinical Implementation Specialist teams and to support the resource planning and allocation process for the teams.
- Work closely with Product Managers across the Care Alliance to understand the impact of new products on clinical and operational workflow and interoperability of products.
- To advise on implementation of new mobile functionality on both a clinical and operational level, both internally and with customers.
- Customer facing as required across the Alliance.
- Work closely with the senior team to ensure a collaborative approach across the Care Alliance to GDE fast followers.
- Responsible for the line management, pastoral support and development of staff who are members of the Clinical Workstream.
- Agree and maintain common approaches to the allocation of people to projects and accounts.
- Further development of the Workstream including capability/capacity planning and recruitment.
- Develop robust processes both internally as well as with the other parts of Implementation Services and with the rest of the relevant staff to ensure that the organisation operates efficiently and accountably at all times.
- Work with the Implementation Services Manager to integrate career planning and progression with training, resource allocation and performance management;
o Try to balance individual career progression needs with role opportunities
o To broaden the skills of the team across applications and areas of expertise
o To promote the development of subject matter experts within niche areas
- Providing support for the Sales Team by way of attending customer demonstrations and providing documentation. In particular:
o Writing proposals relating to the services provided by the Clinical deployment teams
o Provide resourcing models for bids
o Working on bids for new work
o Supporting new sales approaches and encouraging prospecting within the team
o Liaising with clients where required
o Attend and/or support sales meetings with potential clients particularly in the areas around deployment methodology.
- Deep understanding and experience of the areas of knowledge, skills and delivery covered by members of the Workstream.
- Previous experience of working within the NHS is essential. Registered Nurse or equivalent qualification is also essential.
- Experience of change management within health care
- Experience of resource and mobile software deployment planning
- Experience of building relationships with customers/ stakeholders in a range of complex settings.
- Experience of dealing with clients and prioritising the outstanding tasks
- A successful and proven track record in working to tight deadlines in a busy challenging environment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and planning skills
- Ability to work without supervision and on own initiative
- Ability to provide effective supervision of others.
- Able to meet to strict deadlines
- Excellent networking skills
- Able to delegate responsibilities effectively
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organisation.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales