Interim Head of Operational Performance for Theatres & Critical Care
Our client an NHS Organisation in the South East is looking to appoint an Interim Head of Operational Performance for Theatres & Critical Care. The client is looking for candidates with extensive experience with a proven track record within Theatres and Critical Care divisions.
The main responsibilities include:
- The Head of Operational Performance will be accountable for a range of services across the programme, working alongside the Clinical Co-Directors, ensuring high quality, flexible and responsive service delivery and to plan, develop, coordinate and evaluate the services provided
- They will be responsible for devising robust plans which look to sustain achievement of the constitutional (operational) and financial standards, as well as regularly reviewing these to ensure that plans are effective.
- The role will also support aspects of clinical governance compliance and assurance related to the programme, ensuring safe and effective use of all resources
- Provide strong, visible, professional leadership and focus for the delivery of excellent care with compassion across the programme.
- Ensure the operational performance of the programme services are effectively managed to meet agreed objectives and targets.
- Work in close conjunction with the triumvirate to set and deliver the programme objectives, in line with Directorate and Corporate targets and strategies.
- Manage operational actions plans to deliver income and expenditure (I&E) balance on the budget devolved within the programme.
- Monitor performance against all activity targets and other service objectives.
- Ensure that all national and locally agreed waiting times and bookings targets are understood and met.
- Responsible for compliance with Trust complaints procedure for all complaints received within the programme, identifying, agreeing and implementing subsequent action plans.
- Take responsibility for the programmes compliance with Health and Safety; CQC; CNST / NHSLA standards identifying, agreeing and implementing subsequent action plans.
- Take ownership of the operational delivery of cost improvement programme (CIP) work streams.
- Close monitoring and analysis of the monthly bank and agency data to inform management decisions and achieve its reduced expenditure.
- Support the Director of Clinical Operations to deliver the annual capacity and business planning process for the programme; this may include delegated responsibility for business cases which have been identified as required to strengthen or develop the service areas you are responsible for.
- Support the directorate triumvirate team in undertaking action planning for identified areas of improvement e.g. improved capacity planning of theatre lists / outpatient clinics / treatment areas / diagnostics, improved patient access, improved use of resources (drugs / medical equipment)
- Support the Director of Clinical Operations to develop innovative methods of income generation (fully understanding the implications of patient choice), financial control , strategic planning and bids for “new opportunities” ,“modernisation”
- Develop a Service Delivery Plan (in partnership and by agreement with the Clinical team) to meet service needs and contribute to the annual planning process in line with agreed corporate objectives and priorities.
- Manage and coordinate the day to day operational flow of wards in conjunction with senior nurses and support services with the aim of ensuring every patient has a green day as part of the SAFER patient flow bundle
- Ensure implementation of systems, policies and procedures at local level to fulfil the requirements of the Trust’s Risk Management, Quality and Governance and safety strategies.
If you would like to discuss the role further, register your interest or find out any further information, please contact Kieran Slaney on 07977 220044 or alternatively firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Interim Head of Operational Performance for Theatres & Critical Care
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly