Director of Public Health/Assistant Director Joint Commissioning
I am recruiting for an interim Director of Public Health/Assistant Director Joint Commissioning for a 6 month assignment. There is a degree of flexibility with this post in terms of days per week (can work 3 if preferred) and some home working.
- To advise the organisation on its statutory and professional public health accountabilities;
- To provide leadership to drive the improvements in the health and wellbeing of the residents of the community to reduce inequalities in health outcomes and working in collaboration with Public Health England to protect local communities from threats to health through infectious diseases, environmental and other public health hazards;
- Leading the production and coordination of a dynamic and responsive joint strategic needs assessment;
- Be responsible for the health of the local population through the development and delivery of a credible plan to improve health and wellbeing in communities in the area and reduce inequalities;
- Support the Health and Wellbeing Board to deliver its statutory duty to promote integration for the benefit of local communities;
- Prepare and produce an Annual Report on the health and wellbeing of the local population;
- Be a key source of public health leadership and expert advice to the CCG and local authority supporting the commissioning of appropriate effective and equitable health services ensuring that resources are coordinated and used effectively across the public sector to promote health and wellbeing for the whole community;
- Lead and drive programmes to improve health and wellbeing and reduce inequalities.
- Fulfil a pivotal role in forging partnerships with and influencing all local agencies to ensure the widest possible participation in the health and wellbeing agenda;
- Work closely with Public Health England and other relevant organisations to ensure high levels of local resilience;
- To manage and be accountable for the budget including reporting on the public health ring fenced grant;
- To lead the Council’s commissioning function for children, vulnerable adults and public health in accordance with and responsive to the needs of communities based on an effective commissioning cycle;
- Ensure commissioned services are delivered well to meet financial, quality and performance standards;
- Provide strong commercial leadership and direction for the commissioning of services within public health, children’s and adult social care eliminating duplication and inefficiency.
- Improve the overall quality of care of services commissioned by creating clear ‘commissioning pathways’ based on the customer requirements.
- Inclusion in the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List or UK Public Health Register (UKPHR);
- If included in the GMC/GDC Specialist Register in a specialty other than public health medicine/dental public health, candidates must have equivalent training and/or appropriate experience of public health medicine practice;
- Public health specialist registrar and specialist trainee applicants who are not yet on the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List in dental public health/UKPHR must provide verifiable signed documentary evidence that they are within 6 months of gaining entry at the date of interview ; all other applicants must provide verifiable signed documentary evidence that they have applied for inclusion in the GMC/GDC/UKPHR specialist registers;
- Must meet minimum CPD requirements (i.e. be up to date) in accordance with Faculty of Public Health requirements or other recognised body.
Apply for Director of Public Health/Assistant Director Joint Commissioning
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly