The principle aim of the Clinical Director is to drive clinical excellence across XenZone. As part of the senior management team, the Clinical Director provides the strategic clinical direction for the company and leadership of the clinical team. A key element of the role is the design of new services to help deliver the company’s vision.
1. To ensure our services continue to be clinically safe and robust
2. To develop new clinical services ensuring they are supported by policy and practice as deemed strategically important to the business
3. To develop innovative clinical practice and ensure all practitioners and leads are working to deliver clinical outcomes and clinical data to support our work
4. To be the clinical face of the organisation, speaking at conferences, attending networks, and providing content for marketing activity to promote the clinical work of XenZone
5. To support our strategy for developing an evidence base to our work.
6. To ensure clinical responsibility for all direct delivery activities both online and face -to -face at XenZone is being held by the clinical leadership team responsible for children’s and young people services.
7. To ensure clinical responsibility for all direct delivery activities both online and face -to -face at XenZone is being held by the clinical leadership team responsible for adult services
8. To oversee the management of clinical consultation and direction to the Senior Management Team, Regional Service Managers, Locality Managers and the delivery teams delivered by the clinical leads
9. To manage the Safeguarding Leads, ensuring safe practice and standards and that the service operates within the procedures for the relevant Local Safeguarding Children Board’s and XenZone’s own policies and procedures.
10. To be part of a team to expand on and deliver existing training and CPD plans and to develop new training packages that can be delivered both internally and externally.
11. To ensure that clinical activity is underpinned by the Voice of the Child in our children’s services and the integrity and respect of the adult service users in our adult services
12. To support the delivery of Outcome Frameworks for Children and Young People
13. To work with the clinical leadership team to ensure we are following BACP ethical framework.
14. To support the business development team in securing renewals and new contracts. Attending appropriate meetings with CCGs, local authorities, trusts and those involved in commissioning our services.
If you’re interested in applying, please read the supporting document for further information on the person we’re looking for. If you’re who we’re looking for, please click apply.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE