Service Appraisal/Review Consultant (Band 9 Level)
A large NHS organisation is currently looking for a Project Director level candidate for a full scale Review of specific services set across both Acute and Community settings.
- You will be 5 key options related to specific services set across both Acute and Community Services, with the anticipate that a suitable option is reached and in effect from July 2018;
- Development of a critical path and associated actions that would lead to consolidation of some Acute Service at a Hospital site;
- Design of a temporary clinical service model(s) that are patient-centred, which mitigate the immediate risk to services;
- Arranging, facilitating and completion of full appraisal of all options considered for temporary mitigation of risk to patient safety;
- Completion of Quality Impact Assessment for all options;
- Completion of Equality Impact Assessment for all options;
- Drafting of full implementation plans for the preferred option;
- Identification of consequences to other services interdependent with these services and clinical support services;
- Full implementation of the preferred option;
- Develop full communication plans for each step of the process;
- Support staff through the required HR processes related to any temporary change in clinical redesign of the service;
- Ongoing escalation of any issues impacting on safety to patients and to staff to the Programme Board;
- Reporting of progress and issues to Programme Board, Executive Team, Trust Board and external agencies.
- Expertise of leading an organisation through a major service change;
- Experience of working in a senior role in Women’s & Children’s services;
- Leadership skills; someone who can motivate and inspire within a specialised team environment;
- Credibility with internal and external stakeholders, enforcement and auditing organisations.