Trust Board Secretary
A large NHS organisation is currently seeing an interim Trust Board Secretary whilst they appoint to the permanent post.
- Develop and implement processes to promote and sustain good corporate governance is within the remit of the Board Secretary (the Secretary);
- Report to the Chairman and accountable to the Chief Executive and Associate Director of Governance, the Secretary will support the Chairman and the Board in the achievement of strategic objectives;
- Establish arrangements for sound corporate governance, including the Trust’s governance rationale and associated governance framework and provisions to ensure compliance with the Establishment Order, Constitution, Terms of Authorisation, Standing Orders and other terms of reference;
- Ensure the smooth operation of the Trust’s decision making and reporting machinery, and for the formal administration of its affairs;
- Provide independent and impartial advice and guidance to the Chairman, Chief Executive and other members of the Board of Directors and the Council of Governors;
- Ensure that the Trust’s business is conducted with probity, accountability, and in accordance with national standards and regulations;
- Will be an independent and impartial arbiter to the Board on matters of corporate governance, particularly where challenging issues require resolution, and will oversee and co-ordinate the appointment to, and removal from office, of Directors and Governors;
- Ensure that meetings of the Board of Directors and its Committees and the Council of Governors run effectively and that proceedings and resolutions are properly recorded;
- Ensure that the decisions, mandates and actions delegated by the Board are appropriately assigned and communicated and that status reports are available to the Board.
- It is desirable that the candidate holds the formal Qualification in corporate governance or as Company Secretary (ICSA);
- Ability to secure appropriate organisational governance, influencing and successfully advising staff at all levels.
- Must have knowledge of national NHS strategy and policy.
Apply for Trust Board Secretary
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly