Interim Senior Provider Performance and Improvement Manager
A Commissioning organisation in the East Midlands requires an Interim "Senior Provider Performance and Improvement Manager" (8B) which will support the CCG to ensure that the performance of Acute, Mental Health and Community providers meet the needs of the patients in their area. This will involve working as part of functional and multi-disciplinary teams to maximise performance within the constraints and flexibilities of evolving and changing national guidance.
The role will:
The role will:
- Work with senior colleagues to ensure that performance reporting products are fit for purpose and enable effective performance management of NHS acute, mental health and community providers.
- Provide a comprehensive performance management and improvement service in line with the performance management framework ( whichever is applicable locally), the aim of which is to ensure delivery of a structured and coordinated approach to managing provider performance.
- Support the CCG in development and review of local initiatives to ensure delivery of national performance standards and to ensure that CCG senior managers are aware of the consequences of failure to deliver national standards.
- Fully utilise Performance Intelligence data and tools available to provide the CCG with regular intelligence on provider performance, to identify potential or real issues as early as possible and to ensure that the root causes of provider performance issues are identified, including undertaking deep dive reviews where necessary.
- Ensure that providers develop and implement robust improvement plans to deal with performance issues in a timely and effective way, instituting escalation processes where remedial action is not delivered to the required timescales.
- Working with system stakeholders to understand the performance impact on providers of wider system issues and advise and recommend improvements based on recognised best practice.
- Responsible for the use and sharing of performance information and best practice approaches between providers, CCGs and CSU colleagues to support performance benchmarking and ensure adoption of evidence based models of care to improve performance and services to patients.
- Input to CCG and local system level strategic planning exercises by contributing to the identification of service improvement and change initiatives that will support delivery of sustainable provider performance in the longer term and the potential impact on performance of CCG proposed QIPP plans.
- Provide strategic and operational reports and briefings to directors and boards on relevant areas of provider performance.
- Assist senior management in the development of reports at STP and local system level, built up from each provider, to ensure CCGs have in place assurance frameworks to guarantee healthcare provision for their local populations.
Apply for Interim Senior Provider Performance and Improvement Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly