A large NHS organisation is currently seeing an interim Procurement Manager, to support the support the organisation in the establishment and delivery a world class procurement services.
- Develop and lead the delivery of strategic sourcing through effective strategy and innovative procurement solutions;
- Manage the delivery of the trusts contracts work plan, ensuring projects are delivered in line with expectations and benefits are fully realised;
- Support the SMT in embedding cultural change in the way in which procurement is perceived and incorporated into the day to day activity of the trust;
- Engage with senior directorate stakeholders to support the development of future Cash Releasing Efficiency Savings ensuring the key procurement aspects including scoping, base lining, producing a sourcing strategy and project delivery are considered and included within the plans;
- Manage high value / strategically important procurement projects utilising cutting edge techniques to ensure the trust receives a technically excellent product / service where clear value for money can be demonstrated;
- Lead the strategic sourcing team, using relevant experience and skills to enhance and support them in fulfilling their duties, and acting as a focal point for advice and guidance in relation to procurement activity they may be engaged with.
- Drive forward new procurement opportunities that will support the increase in influenced / contracted spend;
- Be responsible for the reporting and monitoring of benefits gained through Strategic procurement intervention, reporting these to the trusts Procurement Group on a regular basis.
- Ideally hold a professional procurement qualification (MCIPS or equivalent);
- Extensive experience in purchasing management including experience in the award and management of high value/complex contracts;
- Experience of working within an NHS procurement function.