Director of Estates, Facilities and Compliance
A large NHS organisation is currently seeking a very capable individual oversee the Estates and Facilities Directorate whilst they recruit to the permanent post.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring and reviewing the Estates Strategy bringing creative solutions to Trust issues;
- Ensure that the estates strategy works to support and deliver Trust CIPs and that the Strategy aligns with the overall Trust Strategy;
- Accountable for ensuring that the Trust is compliant with Statutory and Regulatory standards of estate and facilities management;
- Hold responsibility for the strategic risk management for the Trust’s estates and facilities services;
- provide strategic and management leadership of all aspects of the Trust’s estate, its related resources and facilities, ensuring that estates and facilities services support the provision of safe, effective and efficient services which meet the needs of our patients and staff;
- Lead the negotiation of all estates and facilities commercial arrangements including contract, lease and SLA negotiations and agreement to ensure they are optimised to support service affordability;
- Assess alternative delivery models for estates and facilities services in the medium term, identify the most appropriate model for the Trust going forwards which will ensure robust, efficient and value for
- money services, systems and processes underpinned by a strong service ethos which places patients and staff at its core;
- represent the Trust on estate and estate related matters within the STP and externally; including working collaboratively to develop effective solutions to support delivery of Trust and STP priorities.
- Graduate – ideally mechanical or electrical engineering;
- Professional qualification to reflect the seniority of the role e.g. Chartered Engineer Corporate member of IMECHe, CIBSE or IET;
- Credible portfolio of NHS estates management experience, including extensive knowledge and experience of safe operation and maintenance of critical engineering plant and equipment.