Head of Facilities, Health & Safety and Environment
A large healthcare organisation is currently looking to appoint an experienced Estates Manager for a period of 6 months initially.
- Delivery of the organisations Estates strategy, ensuring the continued development and implementation of this, and provision of expert advice/specialist knowledge to estates senior management and external stakeholders;
- Ensure that the Estates department complies to all appropriate legislation and that the environment is safe and fit for purpose and that all work that is carried out is to appropriate standards and specifications;
- Full management of the Estates portfolio, in addition contract manage other provision that support this estate, including external FM suppliers/contracts;
- Ensure the organisation meets all Health & Safety legislative requirements and advise the board on Health & Safety matters as senior responsible person;
- Provide expert technical advice, strong leadership and clear direction to the organisation and colleagues they manage and work alongside with excellent relationships with other partners and stakeholders;
- Ensure all risks and issues are identified, addressed and mitigated or notified appropriately taking into account current Health and Safety legislation;
- Identify and deliver cost improvement opportunities/service efficiencies; Undertake complex negotiations with contractors, engineers, external agencies etc. as required;
- Ideally hold NEBOSH Diploma, the minimum requirement for this role is a NEBOSH Certificate due to skills mix in Estates Team;
- Qualified at Degree level in H&S , engineering or building subject/demonstrable relevant experience which is a HND/HNC level coupled with 5 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Must have recent healthcare based experience in similar level role, this is due to the complexity of the current Estates portfolio;
- Must hold full UK driving license and have access to a car during working hours.
Apply for Head of Facilities, Health & Safety and Environment
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly