Business Intelligence Service Delivery Manager
Role: Business Intelligence Service Delivery Manager
Location: Flexible based on home location – either South West, South Coast, South East or Central South
Salary: Band 8B (£49,242 - £59,964)
Are you a strong leader with a background in Business Intelligence and Commissioning who is searching for a new position within a complex, public sector organisation? We are working with an NHS client who have approached us to find someone who can ensure effective operational delivery of a Business Intelligence Service. You will be working directly with the Head of Direct Commissioning BI Service and associated leads across several interlinked organisations.
What will you be doing?
- Developing a forward-thinking BI Service
- Identifying service efficiencies and process changes
- Managing relationships with regional commissioning functions
- Driving uptake of a National Commissioning Portal
- Providing expert support to Specialised Services Contract Analytics
- Acting as a leader for the BI Intelligence hubs
- Capturing requirements and drawing up a delivery plan
- Ensuring collaborative working between Operations Team and Commissioning Hub BI Teams
- Coordinating BI Work Programme across the region
- Attending senior meetings to report on progress
- Managing and updating of policies and procedures
- Evaluating the value for money of new contracts and monitoring the performance of existing providers
- Constantly striving for value for money and greater efficiency in the use of these budgets
- Supporting and line managing the three hub-based teams within the area
- Managing, motivating and developing staff within the team
- Assisting in the implementation of information systems for collecting, evaluating and interpreting large volumes
What do you need?
- Educated to degree level or hold equivalent experience of working at a senior level
- Proven experience of working in an NHS informatics function with extensive proven experience of managing staff
- Good understanding of health and social care policy
- Previous experience of improving performance of teams or work packages through application of leadership skills
- An awareness of project management principles
- Experience working on and reports using Microsoft SQL server
- Provide and receive highly complex, sensitive and contentious information
- Negotiate with senior stakeholders on difficult and controversial issues
- Trained in development and use of MS SQL Server databases and reporting tools
- Trained in development and use of Tableau reporting systems
- NHS experience in commissioner or provider analytical capacity
- Understanding and experience of applying Direct Commissioning Identification Rules
- Developed Tableau reports or a similar BI presentation tool
- Application and experience of using PRINCE2
- Managed a number of technical staff over a number of years
You will be required to regularly travel to meetings across the country and to work in a flexible office environment, including the use of hot-desking facilities.
If this role sounds of interest please apply!