Clinical Risk/Patient Safety Officer
A large healthcare organisation is looking to appoint a clinical governance professional to support the minimisation of Risk and improvement of Quality for the Surgical Division.
- Support the Divisional Leadership Team, in key areas of the Divisional Quality agenda, take a lead role in the day to day management of patient liaison and quality improvement;
- Act as a point of contact for patient concerns, ensuring effective communication with patients, families and colleagues within and outside of the Division; Introduce and ensure a proactive, consistent and personalised approach;
- The Division has outlined ambitious improvement plans to address key historic areas of weakness and is keen to improve performance in several areas of the quality agenda, including patient experience, patient safety, risk and compliance;
- In collaboration with the Divisional Leadership Team lead and oversee the day to day management of PALS, complaints, RCS, SI’s and incidents;
- Work with the Divisional Team in investigating complaints, compiling patient complaint responses & legal claims, with a strong focus on lessons learnt;
- Analyse complex information from incident investigations (including serious incident investigations) and audits, working with performance and contacting colleagues to support establishment of appropriate action plans to bring positive change;
- Lead the management of serious incidents and sharing of learning from these incidents;
- Prepare accurate reports and presentations for the Divisional Leadership meetings.
- Extensive experience in validating root cause analysis and resulting action plans, producing thematic reviews of serious incidents to identify trends and patterns, facilitate the dissemination of wider learning and sharing good practice and supporting improvement;
- Hold a good understanding of NHS clinical and non-clinical information processes and systems;
- Computer literate including the use of Power Point, Excel and Microsoft word, also DATIX;
- Experience in managing risk and reporting practices related in a healthcare environment.
Apply for Clinical Risk/Patient Safety Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly