A large healthcare organisation is currently seeking a very capable individual to lead their Theatres Department for an initial period of 3 months.
- Lead and manage the Theatres department, promoting an environment conducive to outstanding patient care;
- Advise the Senior Management Team on professional issues and developments in respect of the Department;
- Ensure continued development of clinical practice in the Department within the organisations policies and procedures; abide by the NMC/HCPC code of conduct and ensure the clinical team follow direction in accordance to these codes;
- Facilitate an environment whereby all clinical staff exchange and act on information to ensure high quality patient care and the smooth running of operating lists;
- Nurture a culture that enables each individual member of staff within the Department to take responsibility for his/her own performance and continuous development;
- Coordinate with Bookings Department, Surgeons and Anaesthetists to ensure theatre and recovery sessions are effectively planned to deliver efficient and high quality services to meet the needs of the patients;
- Managerially responsible for the Theatre & Recovery nurses, ODPs and theatres support workers;
- Plan and manage the Department’s resources to deliver efficient and high quality services to meet the needs of the patients and the organisations objectives;
- Hold current registration to either the NMC or HCPC register;
- Previous senior Theatre experience including management responsibilities;
- Proven management/leadership experience, coupled with excellent team leadership and staff motivation skills;
- Knowledge of current issues in professional practice with particular relevance to the Theatres Departments;
- Demonstrate an ability to prioritise own workload and recognise, prioritise and respond appropriately to urgent and emergency situations with effective time management skills.
Apply for Theatre Manager/Lead
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly