Wilmington Healthcare is an unrivalled, single healthcare data, education and information resource with outstanding analytics capabilities. We provide our clients with market leading insight into local health economies, complemented by increased access to senior health stakeholders and the wider NHS which results in effective and actionable insights.
Wilmington Healthcare’s business solutions apply an evidence-based approach to help clients understand the healthcare environment, optimise product and portfolios, transform and implement their evolving commercial models, and provide an objective assessment of the value they deliver to UK providers and payers.
Wilmington Healthcare comprises Wellards, Binley’s NHiS and HSJ.
Why do we want you?
You are a Subject Matter Expert (SME) with experience in commissing and transformation services within the NHS and working in the healthcare industry. You love writing intricate and interesting reports on hot topic and working with senior level executives to support and influence changes within the healthcare industry.
Main Purpose of Role
This is a unique and fascinating role. The UK healthcare marketplace is evolving at a rapid place so its up to us to understand the implications of this to our customers. In this job role, you will be looking at implications of changes in the NHS and your knowledge and expertise will be utilised to engage with senior people within the healthcare industry to solve their problems.
We're looking for a true consultant who can help us to grow and develop Wilmington Health Care (WHC) Consulting services.
Your remit will be to;
- Provide clinical expertise and insights to the consulting team and consulting projects
- Take ownership and responsibility for securing and delivery of timely and profitable client projects across the healthcare industry
- Support WHC sales teams in pitching and winning consulting projects
- Raise the general profile of WHC in the Consulting Commissioning Services space by attending and presenting at healthcare conferences and events, submitting articles for publications, and attending in-person and virtual client events
There is obviously way more to this role than we've listed above so if you're interested and want more information, pop in an application and we'll get in touch.
Skills and Experience Required
We always support colleagues to develop their skills but to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to tick most of these boxes...
We know it’s not a skill, but the successful candidate must have permission to work in the role’s location by the start of their employment.
You will also need;
- Educated to Degree level and additional clinical qualifications – nursing, clinical pharmacist
- Extensive professional experience in consulting within the pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry with evidence of career progression
- Good understanding and knowledge of commissioning, NHS Structure and workings
- Knowledge and experience of working with/in NHS
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to translate and interpret complex analysis including primary and secondary research with attention to detail
- Experience in Business integration and transformation services
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presentations, chairing meetings, workshop facilitation, business and report writing
- Strong capability in managing large and/or multiple projects and competing priorities so that deadlines are met while retaining consistently high-quality deliverables
- Experience in developing credible relationships with C suite and executives in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals
- Ability to contribute to business development through the identification of leads, development of proposals etc.
- Knowledge of key issues and current developments in the pharmaceutical, NHS and healthcare industries
You need to be the kind of person who…
- Is passionate about offering true consultancy to customers in order to influence positive change
- Loves to learn – both knowledge and skills
- Is a creative question-asker and a solution-finder
- Is able to work in a fast paced, fun and progressive environment
- Enjoys a challenge – we work hard, and it can be a steep learning curve
Wilmington colleagues talk about what it's like to work for Wilmington plc
What do the Wilmington values mean to our colleagues? Watch our colleagues talking about enabling, enhancing, collaborating and innovating
Wilmington turns knowledge into advantage. Our high quality networking, information, education services enable our customers to perform better.
You may know us from any one of our many businesses operating from over 20 offices in 8 countries; in Risk & Compliance, Professional and Healthcare knowledge areas.
We offer variety, development and an opportunity to be part of a committed group of colleagues in 8 countries worldwide. We operate an open environment where you’ll be encouraged to make an impact.
At Wilmington, our collaborative approach means your great ideas will be welcomed and your great work recognised.
If you think you'd be perfect for this role,
we'd love to hear from you
Apply for Health Services Commissioning Consultant (Clinical)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly