United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust is one of the largest acute trusts in the country, providing services to a population of 700,000 across Lincolnshire from four main hospitals and several smaller sites. With a turnover in excess of £350m and over 7,500 staff the Trust has made significant progress over the last three years despite increasing pressure on hospital services. As it moves toward becoming a Foundation Trust in a challenging financial climate, it requires an ambitious individual that can provide exceptional strategic vision whilst prioritising delivery of innovative and high quality patient-centred care.
• Develop and build the existing high calibre executive team and work with the Board to ensure the effective delivery of first class healthcare services.
• Develop and maintain public confidence and a positive image for the Trust through effective communications with staff, patients and external partners.
• Lead the strategic development of the Trust, ensuring it is successful in its Foundation Trust application and takes advantage of the opportunities this will bring.
• Considerable experience of leadership as Chief Executive at Board level within a comparable organisation.
• Strong strategic and business planning skills, combined with the ability to lead and inspire teams to perform at the highest level.
• Innovation and performance focussed with superb interpersonal skills, the ability to inspire, motivate and deliver results through influence.
Please see the 'Apply' button for a candidate brief containing application details, or contact us quoting reference AMM/29655/HSJ. Closing date for applications is 5th March 2010.