‘High quality care for all, now and for future generations’
NHS England is a new organisation, charged with investing £95bn of public funds annually to deliver the best possible health outcomes for the people of England.
Responsible for commissioning NHS services from a wide range of providers, we are absolutely focussed upon enhancing quality for patients – improving outcomes, safety and experience. We will draw extensively upon the insights of patients to drive service transformation and improvement.
As a custodian of the NHS Constitution, the Chief Executive will uphold and embed the values and ethos of a health care system that is free at the point of delivery and based upon need.
NHS England is an independent body, working at arm’s length to the Government.
This is a truly challenging and highly visible role, leading one of the most high profile health care organisations in the world, and a unique opportunity to be at the very centre of public service in England.
Capability is the key requirement for this role, not sector experience.
· Work with the Board of NHS England to provide strategic direction and leadership, fostering and leading transformational service change in the NHS within an extremely challenging financial context.
· Support and develop the autonomous clinical commissioning groups, who commission the majority of NHS services.
· Develop effective partnerships with other national organisations, to ensure the health system in England works effectively and in the best interests of patients.
· Nationally and internationally, promote research, technological change and innovation, ensuring health care in England delivers outcomes comparable to the best in the world and, particularly, addresses fundamental inequalities in health outcomes.
· Be an inspirational and transformational leader who has a versatility of style, with the confidence to operate within a complex and changeable environment, and who will bring a relentless focus upon patients and their experience of healthcare.
· Have the credibility, intellectual prowess and gravitas to command the confidence of clinical commissioners,Ministers, world class health and care professionals and academics alike.
· Be capable of engaging well with the broadest possible spectrum of partners, nationally and internationally.
· Possess exceptional communication and influencing skills, combined with the personal resilience, integrity and values to drive transformational change in an environment subject to the highest levels of scrutiny.
Closing date for applications is Friday 6th September 2013.