Interim Head of Communications
Veredus are currently working with a CCG in the North of England who are looking for an Interim head of communications for around 6 months.
Key responsibilities include
- Work with the Director of Communications and Engagement to develop, deliver and evaluate external and internal communications strategies
- Attend project meetings to progress significant projects in the organisation, and offer strategic communications advice and support to ensure that those messages are received by stakeholders, staff and appropriate media, in turn promoting an understanding of the reason for and the progress of individual developments.
- Review and evaluation of the CCG’s Communications and Engagement Strategies and associated work plans.
- Identify engagement needs of the organisation and manage consultations and engagement exercises.
- Act as a key point of liaison between the CCGs and the media, stakeholders and members of the public.
- To provide professional advice and response that ensures the communications function is able to, Support the management of the CCGs’ reputation, including during controversial and negative issues where some stakeholders may be hostile or unsupportive. This includes developing productive relationships with external bodies and influencing them in the reporting of potentially difficult issues.
- Liaise with CCG colleagues to identify and develop positive PR opportunities and campaigns.
· Producing effective, targeted, measured communications activity to meet the aims of the CCGs’ Communication and Engagement Strategy.
If the role is of interest please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07725631296