Clinical Services Manager
I am recruiting for an interim Clinical Services Manager with experience of residential care for a 3-6 assignment based in the Midlands.
- The post holder is responsible for the operational and clinical management of the patient care services within the clinical speciality, including accountability for the patient’s experience of care and the clinical environment;
- Provide strong clinical leadership to the nursing staff and direct patient care within the department;
- Set, monitor and maintain excellent standards of nursing care within the wards;
- Maintain personal contact with patients, relatives and carers, being sensitive to their needs for courtesy, dignity and privacy;
- Communicate and work with the multi professional team to promote comprehensive, high quality patient care;
- Arrange in consultation with the medical staff and bed manager, the admission/transfer/discharge of patients ensuring that appropriate community care facilities are initiated in accordance with Trust policy;
- Where incidents are reported, initiating appropriate action and keep the Head of Nursing and Assistant General Manager informed of problems and progress;
- Lead on infection control and prevention initiatives ensuring all relevant audits are completed and action plans implemented to improve clinical practice.
- Current clinical registration - ideally RMN or RNLD;
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Up to date knowledge of current clinical and professional issues.