Interim Patient Flow Lead
Our client an NHS Organisation in the West Midlands is looking to appoint an Interim Patient Flow Lead. The client is looking for candidates with extensive experience overseeing Patient Flow throughout an Emergency Care division with a proven track record for delivery.
The main responsibilities of this high profile role will be to lead, manage and oversee the operation of an improved bed management and patient flow system, including:
- Better use of resources, especially increasing the number of patients moving into and out of beds.
- Co-ordinate good bed management through monitoring and planning. This involves liaising with discharge teams and other referrers to check that admissions are to the most appropriate location and bed type, and ensuring that ‘trusted assessment’ protocols are followed.
- Ensuring partner organisations are proactively planning for discharges. This includes taking swift action to directly address service issues, initiating and chasing referrals, making links between services and escalating issues to senior managers where required. This will require daily work with lead ward managers and Locality Managers responsible for their bed-based units.
- Using systems and processes when co-ordinating, monitoring and tracking the usage of a range of health and social care beds, and acting as a central point of contact for information requests from internal and external sources, often from a very senior level.
- Reporting progress, issues and updates to partners, senior commissioners and senior managers on a regular and ad hoc basis.
- Where necessary, leading, and informing conversations between partner organisations on supply and demand during times of high pressure on acute services.
- Line management of the Patient Flow team, including administrative staff and leadership of the team.
- Working across the organisation reviewing patient pathways
- Capacity and Demand review
- Performance Management across the organisation
- Review LOS across the organisation
If you would like to discuss the role further, register your interest or find out any further information, please contact Kieran Slaney on 07977 220044 or alternatively firstname.lastname@example.org