Public Health Consultant
I am recruiting for a Public Health Consultant for an organisation based North Yorkshire/North East for 6 months. The working week is flexible and you can work 3 days rather than 5 and there is some home working.
- Will lead clinical governance and information governance arrangements for all Council commissioned and provided services;
- Will lead in the collation of robust evidence based business intelligence to inform commissioning intentions for public health, adult and children’s services;
- Have responsibility for development, implementation and delivery of national, regional and local policies, developing inter-agency and interdisciplinary strategic plans and programmes, with delegated Board or organisational authority to deliver key public health targets;
- Provide expert public health advice and leadership to support and inform an evidence-based approach within ethical frameworks for commissioning and developing high quality equitable services, across primary, secondary and social care in adults, children’s and public health commissioning teams, and across all other sectors including voluntary organisations
- Develop and utilise information and intelligence systems to underpin the joint strategic needs assessment and public health action and prevention across all disciplines and organisations, leading collation and interpretation of relevant information and performance management data
- Be responsible for teaching/delivery of core training on a range of subjects or for specialist training and supporting the Director of Public Health in developing the specialist training and CPD responsibilities of the Local Authority team;
- Monitor or contribute to the formulation of department/service budgets and financial initiatives;
- Commission research audits/projects, and undertake research or audit;
- Responsible for providing public health input into Individual Funding Requests;
- Deputise for the Director of Public Health as required.
- Inclusion in the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List/UK Voluntary Register (UKPHR) for Public Health Specialists;
- If included in the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List in a specialty other than public health medicine/dental public health, candidates must have equivalent training and/or appropriate experience of public health medicine practice.