Director of Public Health
Our vision is for Nottinghamshire to be a great place to bring up a family, fulfil ambitions, enjoy later life and start and grow businesses and we are looking for someone to help us meet the continuing challenges of ensuring the effective delivery of public health in the 21st Century, including health improvement, health protection and healthcare public health.
To fill this high-level statutory role we are expecting the successful candidate to:
• provide leadership and be the principal adviser on all health matters to elected members and officers
• lead and contribute to the development of joint strategic needs assessments and joint health and wellbeing strategies, with the overall aim of promoting needs led and evidence based commissioning that both improves health and wellbeing in Nottinghamshire
• act at a corporate/strategic level and demonstrate highly developed political awareness, and exceptional leadership qualities with the aptitude to promote a culture of close collaboration working strategically in a complex system with a wide range of stakeholders
• understand other cultures, and advise, challenge and advocate to enable effective partnership working across organisational boundaries and influencing without direct authority
• to work as part of the Corporate Leadership Team to develop and promote corporate policy; and contribute to whole organisational decisions.
In Nottinghamshire, we are focussed on key outcomes that make a difference to individuals and communities.
If you want to join us more information is available by clicking the 'Apply' button or for a confidential discussion, please call Dawn Faulkner at GatenbySanderson on 0121 644 5703.
Closing date: Friday 11 May 2018