Clinical Services Manager
HCA Healthcare UK has developed a dedicated private centre in partnership with The Christie NHS Foundation Trust in Manchester. The Christie Private Care treats private patients with a full range of diagnostic, inpatient, surgical, day care and outpatient treatment all on one site.
The Christie is an impressive and well-respected NHS Trust which is a European cancer centre providing advanced cancer care and housing the world's largest early clinical trials unit. The Christie Private Care builds on these services and provides state-of-the-art private patient facilities which include; 28 bedded inpatient Oncology wards, six-bed Haematology and Transplant unit, Day Case Chemotherapy Unit, Outpatient Department, Specialised Radiotherapy Unit and Psychology services.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Services Manager to lead our Nursing, Therapies and RMO/Doctors services across the facility in Manchester (M20 4BX).
As a Clinical Services Manager, you will be a key member of the Senior Management Team and report to the Chief Nursing Officer. You will have overall responsibility for the strategic, financial, operational and clinical service delivery at The Christie Private Care.
- Job Type: Permanent, full-time role (37.5 hours per week)
- Location: Manchester, M20 4BX
- Salary: Highly competitive salary plus 15% annual senior management bonus scheme and HCA UK benefits package.
- Benefits: Structured career development, pension, private medical cover and much more.
- To provide strategic and operational management through the effective line management of four direct reports and overall accountability for approximately 60 staff across Nursing, Therapies and RMO services.
- Support managers in the delivery of consistently high quality, safe and effective, patient-focused care which creates a positive experience for all stakeholders.
- To be accountable for the process of recruitment and retention of clinical staff, as well as promote a culture of continuous improvement and development at both personal and professional level.
- Responsible for the clinical department’s performance, compliance with health and safety, quality, governance, policies, and procedures.
- Contribute to the hospital growth targets, identifying business development opportunities and project managing to successful implementation.
- Monitor and contribute to the design of department/service budgets and review budget info to make sure it is in line with targets.
- To work with members of the medical staff, Matron for Quality and Patient Experience and the Clinical Governance Team to deliver the clinical audit agenda.
- To participate in the Duty Manager on call rota.
- Registered Practitioner with extensive experience within Cancer/Oncology nursing will be highly desirable.
- Substantial clinical management experience post-qualification, including experience of team leadership and strategic management.
- Educated to degree level with a management course or equivalent. Masters qualification is desirable.
- Evidence of effective staff management with the ability to manage resources efficiently within budgetary constraints and for a constantly changing workload.
- An enthusiastic individual with excellent communication skills and a track record of building and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external departments (including Christie NHS Foundation Trust and HCA Healthcare UK).
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to affect change and manage and revise operational procedures to deliver efficiencies, savings and revenue generation.
As part of this team, you can expect world-class facilities, comprehensive support and development opportunities throughout your career with HCA Healthcare UK.