Management Consultant (Healthcare)
Management Consultant (Healthcare) - London / Birmingham / Manchester/Leeds
If you are a Management Consultant with a passion for Healthcare Advisory keep reading.
Join our Health team as a Principal Consultant and you will discover a culture focused on helping you flourish as a professional with focus on improving the quality of life.
In this role you will provide specialist health care consultancy and technical advice and support to clients on strategic and capital development projects. The role will primarily involve leading the development of business cases for NHS capital schemes to a high standard in accordance with all relevant guidance and may also involve contributing to estates strategies and programme/project management commissions.
You will be expected to lead service delivery on individual projects, including managing client relationships, and may be required to support the Project Manager and Commission Leader, which carries commercial performance and resourcing responsibilities.
You will be working with a wide range of clients including GP practices, Clinical Commissioning Groups, NHS Trusts/Foundation Trusts, national NHS organisations, private sector providers and major contractors.
Mobility and flexibility to travel across the UK will be expected, including the occasional requirement for overnight stays
Your Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
To lead/support the delivery of healthcare business case projects/ assignments; tasks typically include:
- Establish scope/terms of reference of the assignment with the client
- Produce project plans and programmes
- Engage with key client and external stakeholders
- Research and analyse information/data and present findings either verbally or in writing
- Facilitate workshops and client meetings
- Develop recommendations for action
- Determine the strategic case and case for change
- Undertake option appraisals
- Undertake risk assessments
- Advise on procurement strategies
- Advise clients on business case guidance/best practice
- Produce business case documents in line with HMT’s Five Case Model and presentations
- Liaise with business case approving organisations such as the Project Appraisal Unit
- Influence relationships with clients at middle/senior management level and manage a wide range of stakeholders
- Where required, to support Project Managers/Commission Leaders with service delivery management, including commercial performance and resourcing
- Where required, to support the Team Leader with the management of the Healthcare Advisory team
- To contribute to the business development processes for the team as required, including producing proposal documents, attending interviews/presentations and identifying potential sales leads
What You Have to Offer:
We are looking for someone who really understands working with the NHS so a proven track record in the development of business cases for the NHS, including SOC, OBC and FBC is essential.
As well as this you will be able to offer experience in a number of the following areas:
- Experience within the Healthcare sector, either in NHS or consultancy/advisory roles
- Detailed knowledge of the approval processes and approving bodies for NHS business cases
- Demonstrable understanding of the full capital investment cycle in the NHS, from planning to commissioning
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of UK health policies, systems, structures and health care service delivery concepts
- Experience of engaging with senior management and/or clinical staff
- Ability to analyse and interpret quantitative and qualitative information and data
- Ability to produce high quality reports, presentations and other relevant documentation
- Flexibility to work in any part of the U.K., sometimes necessitating overnight stays, and to work in evening and at weekends if required
The need to increase the capacity and enhance the quality of facilities for delivering healthcare services in the local community is well-established; it is a common theme in the NHS Five-Year Forward View, the GP Forward View, Sir Robert Naylor’s Review of NHS Property and Estates, the Sustainability & Transformation Plans and other key policies. Arcadis provides consultancy services that enable improvements to healthcare facilities in the local community.
Arcadis is a leading provider of technical and advisory services to the healthcare sector, focused on enabling our clients to make the most efficient and effective use of their estates. We have particular expertise in developing healthcare facilities to support the delivery of primary care, community health, mental health, secondary care and social care services in the local community.
We know that our clients are faced with the need to develop and implement new models of care; work collaboratively with partner organisations; meet increasing demand with finite resources; adhere to strict financial controls; make best use of limited capital funding; and maintain safe and fit for purpose facilities. These challenges are driving commissioners, providers and regulatory bodies to transform the way in which the NHS estate is planned, utilised, funded and operated.
We support our clients through implementing new strategic estates models; reconfiguring and improving healthcare facilities; producing robust business cases for capital investment; managing the cost-effective delivery of capital schemes; reducing operational expenditure on estates and facilities; and optimising the use of healthcare infrastructure.
We fully understand the challenges facing our clients and we continually strive to deliver positive and sustainable outcomes.
A career for the big thinkers:
Our vision needs people who see the bigger picture. Who bring their expertise to life with spark and imagination. And see possibility where others see limits.
Finally - and most importantly - you’ll be offered an environment where you can go anywhere. A highly competitive remuneration package; a pension scheme that matches to 8%; the best development programmes in the industry; and a working culture where you can finally put your ideas and potential into practice.
If that speaks to you, talk to us.