Clinical Manager Paediatrics Surgery and Outpatients
I am recruiting for a Clinical Manager – Paediatrics Surgery and Outpatients (Band 7) for an interim assignment for a minimum of 3 months. This opportunity is based in London and is inside IR35. The successful candidate must have an understanding of outpatients and general surgery.
- Oversee the delivery of high quality, safe and effective care focused on improving outcomes and experiences for patients, families and carers;
- Provide Children’s Surgical Services clinical expertise and advice to support and facilitate the delivery of high standards of individualised care;
- Ensure patients are assessed, have care plans that are implemented and evaluated in accordance with the Trust’s evidence based procedural documents;
- Develop effective teamwork to ensure patients are regularly reviewed as part of regular ward rounds to include ongoing care plans/overall outpatients process;
- Through visible clinical leadership, ensure that the delivery of kind, compassionate and respectful care takes place, and that the ward team develop relationships with patients;
- In accordance with the individualised patient care, ensure clinical observations are taken, results recorded and any appropriate actions taken based on the results;
- Ensure ward nursing team monitor patient progress, work towards safe and timely discharge plans and ensure barriers to discharge are identified and acted on appropriately;
- Using professional judgement, be prepared to intercede and act as patient advocate to clarify prescribed plans of care.
- RSCN Registered Nurse who has worked at Band 6 level for a period of time and managed others, or has worked at management level Band 7;
- Understand day case ideally, but an acute background shall be considered as long as it is within Children’s Nursing.