General Manager – Women’s Health Service
Auckland City Hospital – Build on the positive momentum!
- Exceptional opportunity to drive a well-respected national, tertiary and secondary Women’s Health Service to the next level in close collaboration with the Director of Women’s Health and his team of professionals.
- Contribute to the best women’s health outcomes through empowerment and partnership acknowledging our staff and professionals in the community
- On-going professional development at a senior management level
- Never a dull moment, but a lot of job satisfaction.
Women’s Health Service
Women’s Health Service is a fast moving directorate responsible for providing high quality health services for women who require specialist maternity, neonatal, gynaecology, and fertility care. In addition to this, we have strong partnerships with highly-skilled professional from other services and taking strength from their experience gained both hospital and community settings.
“ My working relationship with the General Manager is all about trust, unconditional support and standing strong when confronted with challenges, but also cherishing moments of contemplation, laughs and sharing the good things in life”
Dr. Peter van der Weijer Director of Women’s Health
About the role
Working in a dynamic operational setting, the General Manager position will be an integral member of the Senior Leadership Team. Working in partnership with the Director of the Service, you will take ownership of ensuring the sustainability of the service is maintained and enhanced by identifying areas of opportunities for growth and nurturing these ideas in to successful projects and change.
Leading a robust service means that you will maintain close relationships with various departments such as Finance, HR and clinical teams to ensure sound operational performance is exceeded and the service has the right people, right skills, at the right time, and at the right cost.
The scope of your role will include:
- Be driven to deliver – run exceptional services, cost effective practises and oversee high quality programmes
- Change agent – be deliberate in your ability to influence the culture of the directorate and ensure the vision of the organisation is emulated through concise actions
- You will be comfortable with engaging Clinicians and wider support teams. We are motivated to speak to individuals who have proven experience in transform management at a senior level within a complex environment.
- Deliver concise “user friendly” communication both internally and externally maximising the directorate’s ability to match the vision of the wider organisation.
- Manage key stakeholders and build on the momentum of change.
- Work strategically and add your flavour gained from your background and experience.
The scope of the role will allow you the opportunity to utilise the wealth of your experience and will provide on-going future pathways to develop professionally in a forward thinking, patient-centric and dynamic environment.
Auckland District Health Board (ADHB) is one of the largest quality health providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of primary, secondary, tertiary and quaternary services to around 1.6 million people in the northern region as well as nationally for specific specialities.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori & Pacific communities. Our organisation values diversity, inclusivity and empathy, if you do too, apply now and join us to make a positive difference and to do your life’s best work at Auckland DHB.
If you are motivated by the direction of our service and are keen to add to the success then apply now and let’s start the conversation. Reference number is CEN08699 . For application support please contact Briar Turvey on firstname.lastname@example.org.