Head of Nursing
Medinet Clinical Services Ltd: Head of Nursing
NHS 8c Equivalent – part time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a new post within Medinet. As part of our plans to grow and develop into an innovative provider of clinical services to the NHS across the UK, we are looking for a talented and high energy person to take a lead role in managing and developing our nursing teams. With the help of a small group of senior nursing advisors and working with around 500 nurses in the field, you will help ensure we deliver high quality and high productivity elective care.
You will demonstrate commitment to professional nursing leadership across the organisation ensuring appropriate structures are in place to provide care that is safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
The post holder will contribute ideas and support initiatives in order to provide evidence-based patient care, whilst providing the professional and clinical expertise required for the leadership within the organisation.
The role will be part time with flexibility around working pattern.
Medinet is the leading provider of insourcing services, working alongside NHS organisations throughout the UK to guarantee that waiting time targets are achieved. We reduce waiting times by creating additional capacity to see outpatients, provide diagnostic services and treat day-cases and inpatients requiring surgery. All of our clinical staff hold substantive NHS positions.
Medinet has been working with NHS organisations to reduce waiting times since 2004. There is currently no other company in the UK who provides the same level of service and offers the wealth of experience that Medinet has.
- Provide effective nursing input into insourcing contract development and implementation.
- Demonstrate commitment to professional nursing leadership.
- Provide expertise and support to the CEO and Senior Management Team in identifying drivers for change and opportunities for growing, improving nursing care at Medinet.
- Work with the Head of Operations and Director of Commercial Development to redesign services to provide effective and efficient patient pathways.
- Assist in developing strategies and plans in support of the Head of Governance and Head of Operations, Divisional Director and support effective implementation.
- Demonstrate advanced professional judgement and analysis in all aspects of the delivery of professional, clinical and managerial services.
- Lead reviews of nursing roles and establishment within contracts so that new and expanded responsibilities are developed where appropriate and skill mix changes implemented as required
- Be responsible for appointment of new registrants on the nursing register and in the management of poor performance (if required).
- Undertake investigations of incidents and support review of complaints.
- Undertake clinical audit of nursing practices.
- Provide insight and expertise as part of the Safety Huddle and Governance Committee.
- Lead the Patient Experience process and report.
- Proven track record of successful and sustained nursing management and leadership in an NHS Foundation Trust or similar organisation.
- Experience of working in Endoscopy/ Theatres and other nursing specialities.
- Successful delivery of significant practice change.
- Proven track record of successful leadership in a senior nursing post.
- Builds and uses networks of influence.
- Understands the need to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes for patients.
- Demonstrates openness to learning from others and improving services for the greater good.
- Demonstrable ability in:
- Strategic Planning
- Inter-agency communication and negotiation
- Project management
- Implementing change and evaluation
- Analytical skills
- Influencing and creativity
- Good understanding of inter-agency working
- Planning, developing and implementing services
- Bidding/ Tender processes
- Political astuteness - Understands the underlying social, political and historical factors shaping local realities of health services and uses understanding of politics of health and social care to get things done.