Capital Project Officer/Manager
A large healthcare organisation is looking to appoint an estates professional to work within a MDT team in the delivery of a range of Capital Projects/Programmes.
- Utilise technical knowledge and expertise to provide the full range of capital planning and project management services required by the organisation, whilst ensuring statutory compliance and with reference to all available advisory guidance;
- Routinely necessitate working within challenging parameters of cost, time and quality and involve the processing of highly complex, contentious and sensitive information;
- Required to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative, you will assist and undertake a flexible and efficient service within a wide range of locations and complex conditions from wards, theatres and office locations;
- Assist the Senior Capital Programme Manager with the development of the Estate Strategy;
- Act as the main input on construction issues for projects, and liaise with other professional colleagues (mechanical, electrical, IT, Telecommunications, Fire Safety Advisor, etc.) to ensure successful completion of capital schemes and projects within designated timeframe;
- This will require the adjustment of project plans if targets are not met and project slippage is identified;
- Liaison with staff, management, contractors, consultants top develop scheme briefs;
- Formulate fee bid lists, making recommendations on the appointment of external design consultants and external contractors, as well as other external suppliers;
- Responsibility for the preparation of the tender documentation in compliance with the organisations SFIs;
- Brief, manage and monitor the performance of design consultants and external contractors, ensuring that the requirements for all procurement regulations are complied with as necessary;
- Degree/HNC/HND or equivalent skills, knowledge and experience in an Estates/Construction related discipline;
- Knowledge of commissioning and decommissioning procedures;
- Knowledge of tendering processes and JCT/NEC forms of contract;
- Significant practical experience in estates/construction healthcare project management role.