I am recruiting for an interim Executive Director of Nursing with a strong track record of operating at Board level, delivering outstanding healthcare and contributing to the overall strategic development and leadership of the organisation.
- Provide highly visible, inspirational leadership to the Trust’s nursing and therapies workforce, ensuring the delivery of compassionate, caring and effective patient and family centred services;
- Provide nursing advice to the Trust Board, managers and clinicians in accordance with national policy and guidance;
- Collaborate with the Chief Operating Officer to ensure the improvement of the Trust’s children’s services as part of the overall work to deliver improved services;
- Provide a clear vision and passion for delivering and enhancing exceptional patient care and experience;
- Be a strong and empowering communicator who can positively influence and assure the Board as well as being an influential and integral part of the Executive Team;
- Engage and inspire all healthcare staff at the Trust and offer a track record of successful transformation to the delivery of clinical services;
- Have a passion for raising the profile of nursing while at the same time providing professional leadership and improving the patient care experience;
- Embrace the challenges of a large and complex patient-focused organisation, delivering lasting change and quality care;
- Champion the patient experience and voice, be highly effective at Board-level and collaborate with Executive colleagues across the full range of Trust business;
- Provide motivational and inspirational leadership to nurses across the Trust and foster a culture which values continuing professional development that empowers nurses and midwives to achieve excellence in the delivery of patient care;
- Deliver leadership and management of the Quality agenda including a strategic direction and management of the Quality and Patient Experience agenda.
- Relevant professional nursing qualification;
- Evidence of recent management and leadership development;
- Successful track record of senior nursing leadership at Board level within a complex healthcare environment;
- Comprehensive knowledge of patient safety systems and processes including clinical risk and safeguarding vulnerable people;
- Demonstrable track record of achievement in quality and patient experience;
- Experience in leading service and transformational change.