Head of Commissioning Planned Care
A large healthcare organisation is looking to appoint an experienced Planned Care Commissioner for a period of 3 months.
- Develop and deliver an efficient, effective, safe and transformational planned care strategy capable of meeting all statutory, regulatory and NHS requirements ensuring alignment with the local acute Trust strategy;
- Provide assurance to the CCG Governing Body, Executive team and senior managers that the CCG’s planned care strategy meets regulatory requirements and is in line with national best practice;
- Provide leadership for the planned care and QIPP programme to promote quality improvement and cost-effective services across the health system;
- Provide leadership in developing innovative approaches to service delivery in partnership with local providers and the wider health care system;
- Ensure robust decision making through adherence to the CCG governance processes;
- Provide management and be accountable for a designated planned care budget;
- Develop and implement qualitative and quantitative measures to determine performance against the organisational strategy;
- Report progress against the strategy through personal representation at senior management forums and by written reports to appropriate boards and groups of staff;
- Present complex information on all aspects of function practice in a clear, understandable and audience-appropriate manner to senior management and board level groups.
- Extensive knowledge of Planned Care, acquired through working within similar level appointments in CCGs;
- Must have an understanding of the background to and aims of current healthcare policy around Planned Care and appreciate the implications of this on engagement.