Head of Urgent and Emergency Care
A large healthcare organisation is looking to appoint an experienced Urgent Care Commissioner for a period of 3 months.
- Take a lead role, working with and on behalf of the Senior management team on the following areas; Integrated Care System relating to the development of an Integrated Urgent and Emergency Care system; Integrated Urgent Care Service Mobilisation Development; and Ambulance Provision in the locality;
- Deputise for the Director in specific areas of responsibility, including Governing Body, Clinical Commissioning Committee, localities, partnership forums, representatives of providers, third sector and the wider NHS;
- Hold strong people management skills and the ability to support, empower and develop a team;
- Be responsible for delivering an agreed programme of work related to integrated Urgent and Emergency Care, as delegated within the CCG;
- Have a strategic oversight of operation and system resilience across the Integrated Care System;
- Undertake the management lead for Urgent and Emergency Care; ensuring that commissioning plans are developed, maintained and delivered to support effective service redesign, contracting and performance;
- Lead and participate in whole systems service improvement programmes as required;
- Promote and lead the team in matrix working across all areas of the directorate, with the wider CCG directorates and with other partners;
- Hold responsibility for the related QIPP schemes, holding providers to account also.
- High level experience of Urgent Care Commissioning, including related QIPP performance;
- Highly developed negotiating and influencing skills;
- Ability to manage workload both self and team and to effectively prioritise.