Business Development Manager - Healthcare & Public Sector
The Finegreen Group are supporting Ward Hadaway in the recruitment of a Business Development Manager. As a newly created role, this is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to make their mark within the Healthcare and Public Sector.
Ward Hadaway is one of the UK’s Top 100 law firms and a major player in the North of England with offices in Newcastle, Leeds and Manchester. They are now recruiting for this new commercial role to provide support, insight, focus and guidance to the healthcare sector and public sector teams. This is with the overall objective of enabling them to maintain closer relationships with their existing clients in this sector, and to identify, target and secure new client relationships.
Ward Hadaway are a leading provider to the Healthcare sector, delivering legal support to more than 70 NHS organisations across England, from the Scottish Borders to Cornwall. They are trusted members of the legal panel chosen to provide advice on clinical liability cases to NHS Resolution and 15 other leading health bodies, including the CQC, the Human Tissue Authority and the Professional Standards Authority, and are on a wide range of other NHS panels.
Their expertise ranges from clinical negligence to employment advice, from estates management to major procurement projects, from fraud to GP partnership agreements. They are one of the leading specialists in procuring, delivering and enforcing complex contracts. Ward Hadaway also have a national reputation for reviewing and ensuring the effective running of PFI project agreements to ensure compliance and value being delivered.
As well as the NHS, they also work with leading independent healthcare providers in sectors such as care homes, patient support services and community care provision. Ward Hadaway also provide support to GPs and dental practices.
This BDM role will also cover their highly active local authority and education teams.
About the role
As a suitable candidate you will have experience working within the healthcare sector, someone who understands its workings, decision hierarchy and strategic needs. This role is about understanding and responding to the needs of their clients to ensure they build close, long term, mutually successful relationships, and as such your background could be varied, from legal, marketing, research or financial for instance.
• Sector research, financial analysis and assessment;
• Collation and presenting of findings internally;
• Commercial recommendations;
• Opportunity tracking and management;
• Delivery of thought leadership;
• Internal information sharing;
• Championing and developing client service excellence;
• Actively involved in / running healthcare tender responses;
• Working closely with the communications team on raising awareness of the activities and skills of the team to the appropriate audience, through events, website, PR, newsletters and other methods.
The successful candidate will be an organised, tenacious and articulate individual with a positive attitude. You will be:
• Commercially astute, with strong problem solving and creative skills;
• A good communicator, and influencer of individuals at all levels across the firm;
• Resilient, determined, and a proactive self-starter;
• A lover of information, and how it can be used to drive decision making.
You will spend a large amount of time working within the legal sector teams across the firm to ensure you are fully embedded in the day-to-day activities of the sector specialists.
The successful candidate will be based in the Newcastle upon Tyne office, but will also support the activities of the teams who are based in our Leeds and Manchester offices.
To find out more, contact our recruitment partner, Zoe Allen at The Finegreen Group on 0345 130 4006.
Applications are by CV and Covering Letter and should be submitted to the link provided.