The post-holder will be responsible for maintaining financial elements of the programme, supporting the Head of Finance, and providing effective financial support to the wider programme team as required. The person will work closely with the Department of Health Ambulance team, suppliers to the Programme, and English Ambulance Trusts.
We are looking for a 'self-starter' who can work with minimal supervision. The person will be able to understand and follow the end to end processes and learn quickly. The ideal candidate would have a
pro-active attitude, eye for detail, good numeracy skills as well as administrative and customer service background. We provide full training on the internal procedures and a lot of opportunities for development with the financial service management area.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to gain a lot of experience on the major national procurement programme to be exposed to monthly accounts process with a small, efficient and friendly team.
Main duties and responsibilities
· Assist the Head of Finance the monthly financial reporting, which is to include monthly transactions review, BCR reporting, posting journals (accrual and re-code), Internal Programme Board Reporting.
· Assist the Head of Finance in the financial year end activities and budget reconciliation.
· Reconciliation of the summary of the invoices from main supplier.
· Preparation & review of documentation and reports as part of the governance of the Finance team
· Efficiently maintain finance and administrative office systems for the programme, both electronic and paper-based as required.
· Set up and maintain various monthly reconciliations
· Pursue and resolve queries relating to the programme involving the DHSC finance system BMS
· To process invoices from suppliers for payment within agreed processes and to agreed timescales. This involves receipting on the DHSC Oracle Business Management System (BMS), passing on all invoices to AP and logging all paid invoices and filing accordingly
· Dealing with enquiries related to payments and invoices as required within agreed timescales. This involves replying to credit controllers, liaising with the Accounts Payable team.
· To efficiently maintain the process of raising invoices to 12 regional Ambulance Service NHS Trusts.
· To chase up payment of the invoices issued on a monthly basis
· To process orders from the 12 regional Ambulance Service NHS Trusts, maintaining and keeping a record of all orders, including monitoring delivery status of the orders, being first point of contact for all order related inquiries
· The post holder will undertake such other duties as may be required commensurate with grade and experience.
· The post holder will be expected to act with full regard to the requirements of the Programme's policies and procedures, including those relating to Health and Safety, Standing Orders and Standing Financial Instructions.