Business/Operations Manager Medicine
A large healthcare organisation is looking to appoint an operational manager for Medicine. Responsible for the patient pathways within Medicine, ensuring that all operational performance targets are monitored, tracked and delivered.
- Lead and manage the patient pathways within Medicine, ensuring the best use of available resources to provide efficient and effective delivery of all services in line with best practice, quality standards and performance targets;
- Ensure associated teams have clear roles and responsibilities and work as a team to support service delivery and patient care;
- Monitor expenditure and ensure timely identification of budget variances, taking appropriate action to rectify such discrepancies;
- Ensure that appropriate protocols are in place control expenditure within the budget;
- Monitor the delivery of activity, raising concerns in a timely manner and identifying appropriate corrective actions;
- Demonstrate sustainable improvement against a range of defined performance indicators ensuring that operational/clinical services are safe, effective.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and targets; well-developed analytical & problem solving skills with the ability to make decisions by determining key points from complex data and multiple information strands;
- IT literate with well-developed skills for the use and application of relevant IT NHS systems;
- Understand the need for multidisciplinary working within large operational/clinical divisions within the NHS;
- Hold experience working at Band 8a and above within the NHS acute setting, in a similar role. Please note this is not an IT role.