A large housing organisation based in the South East are looking to appoint an experienced Procurement professional for a period of 4 months initially.
- Lead and deliver on all procurement projects, day to day matters related specifically to housing;
- Supporting the delivery of efficient, effective and value for money procurement activity delivering on major procurement activity including OJEU compliant tenders;
- Manage the contracts register and contingent liability emanating from contract activity;
- Work with colleagues to develop contracts and specifications that support the optimal balance between commercial performance and risk;
- Working with and through colleagues to manage non contract procurement;
- Agree frameworks to understand and deliver future procurement requirements;
- Support the delivery of in-house procurement training and development for budget managers;
- Maintain required and relevant records and audit trails in respect of procurement activities;
- Support the shaping and implementation of internal procurement procedures.
- Educated to degree level, ideally a member of the Institute of Purchasing and Supply;
- Able to demonstrate experience in a senior procurement leadership role, OJEU compliant procurement and modern procurement techniques and opportunities;
- Have excellent organisational skills, able to embrace and support others through change;
- Capable of analysing and interpreting complex statistical information, providing summaries of key trends and developing and introducing systems for reporting;
- Hold well developed communications skills, you will be an excellent and diplomatic negotiator;
- Be self-managing and self-motivated with ability to meet deadlines in a pressured environment.