Operations Manager Surgery
A large NHS organisation is looking to appoint an operations professional; working within their Surgical Division for a period of 6 months initially.
- Lead on the operational management of surgery and theatres, supervision of two direct line reports within the service;
- Coordinate the operational delivery of all responsible services and ensure the safe and effective use of all resources;
- Specifically to take a lead in achieving key performance targets in line with local and national agreements;
- Provide leadership and overall general management for the organisation, working in close collaboration with the Divisional Directors and SMT;
- Drive innovation, modernisation and high levels of staff and patient satisfaction across the organisation;
- Ensure all levels of staff have a good understanding of the objectives and priorities and how these fit into the overarching Trust plans and how their role contributes to these;
- Develop strategies to ensure staff engage with other service areas to support and encourage integrated service delivery.
- Up-to-date knowledge of NHS systems, policy and other key policy drivers. (Performance Management, operating Framework, capacity planning, RTT);
- Experience of managing people and teams within a large NHS organisation;
- Able to influence and contribute good working practices cross divisional and engage key stakeholders.