Senior Consultant (Theatre, Scheduling or Pre-Operative Assessment)
Four Eyes Insight helps healthcare organisations identify and realise the true productivity potential of their operational and clinical teams. Our approach identifies, targets and rectifies those well-known, but difficult to sort, operational challenges that routinely frustrate managers and clinicians. Although known for being the Market leader in delivering operating theatre productivity, we offer support to a much wider portfolio of clinical delivery areas including; Outpatients, Cath Labs, Endoscopy and Clinical Productivity Specialty Deep Dives.
This role will involve working alongside Delivery and Workstream Leads across engagements to help ensure the quality and impact of our Theatre, Scheduling or Pre-Operative productivity programmes.
Key skills & Experience:
- Familiar with best practice in theatre operations including patient safety, staffing and rota management, supplies management, cost and list optimisation and/or
- Implemented change initiatives in a substantial theatre complex, creating or improving theatre performance and metrics (utilisation, DNAs, OTD cancellations, cases per list, late starts, early finishes, inter-case down-time) and effectively managing clinical engagement as part of the change cycle
Pre- Operative Assessment:
- Experience of managing a pre-operative assessment function or process and/or have led a successful programme to improve the effectiveness (increased patient throughput, reduced cancellations, better sequencing with scheduling) of the function
- Experience of managing or supervising a large centralised booking team in a multi-site hospital and/or have led a successful improvement programme within a large centralised booking team to improve theatre list utilisation
- Familiar with best practice scheduling processes; expert knowledge of the ‘642’ model, the importance of it within a Trust, and how adherence supports improved scheduling
- In depth knowledge of RTT and cancer performance targets
If you have the above experience, along with excellent problem-solving skills, outstanding communication and are a solid team pleasure then please apply.