Head of Continuing Healthcare
A successful NHS organisation are currently looking for an experienced Senior Continuing Healthcare professional who has management experience within this setting.
- Participate in the development of strategic commissioning priorities and plans across the full range of adult services in conjunction with other key partners including service users and carers, ensuring that a comprehensive range of high quality, equitable, evidence-based services are commissioned;
- Work closely with the local authority to ensure that strategic planning incorporates effective community engagement so that commissioned services are directly shaped by the changing health and social care needs of individuals and local communities;
- Responsible for managing multi- agency panels for NHS Continuing Health Care ensuring robust systems are in place to continually review and evaluate the process and outcomes, to ensure the highest quality commissioning arrangements are in place for individuals and care groups;
- Ensure that the organisation meets their statutory requirements in relation to NHS Continuing Health Care ensuring compliance with the national framework;
- Providing clinical leadership and operational management to the nurses, ensuring that all assessments, reviews and other required interventions are provided and carried out in line with best clinical practice and standards and are completed within required timescales;
- Exercise a professional advisory role in relation to clinical practice and promote a culture of openness and support amongst the team ensuring the lessons are learned and embedded from incidents, complaints and reviews.
- Registered Nurse (RNLD, RNMH, RGN qualification) / relevant post graduate qualification / or equivalent post graduate experience;
- Post-graduation qualification in District Nursing or a Management qualification and at least 5 years post qualification experience;
- Up to date knowledge and recent experience in assessing health determinations and the application of the NHS Continuing Healthcare Criteria.