Clinical Effectiveness & Audit Lead
A large healthcare organisation is looking to appoint a Clinical Effectiveness & Audit Lead. To work within the Quality Team, driving the organisations quality improvement processes.
- Undertake clinical audits as part of the overall quality improvement cycle, in specific areas and producing professional quality audit reports;
- Monitor action plans from clinical audits carried out;
- Support and advice to clinical staff wishing to undertake clinical audit;
- The post holder will be the lead specialist for providing knowledge and expertise to clinical staff with audit design;
- Prepare monthly reports on audit activity for the Clinical Quality & Governance Committee;
- Coordinate the organisations input to external or national clinical audits as required, seeking opportunities for participation in national audits;
- Clinical outcomes monitoring information is made available to local clinical teams in order to help drive quality improvements;
- Work closely with relevant operational leads to ensure national data collection requirements are met, for example National Joint Registry and PROMS, Safety Thermometer;
- Assist Quality Manager in in preparation for CQC assessment and the organisations compliance with NHS England EPRR Standards;
- Represent Quality Team at internal / external meetings as required.
- Knowledge of NHS quality agenda and how its fits within the NHS local and national context;
- Understand quality standards applicable to the NHS especially the regulatory regime;
- Experience of managing clinical audits (local and National), NCEPOD, quality monitoring and quality improvement;
- Experience of writing and presenting reports, including to large groups;
- Plan and organise broad range of complex activities that may impact across the whole organisation;
- Work effectively as part of a team, within and outside of the directorate;
- Excellent analytical skills, able to work with complex data and information;
- Proactive and able to work autonomously;
- Dedicated and committed to delivering excellence.