Ward Manager (Surgical Services)
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a progressive private hospital group, you will be a senior nurse with demonstrated ability to manage a growing, committed team.
- Lead and manage the service delivery of the department, which provides a variety of elective surgical procedures on both a day case and inpatient basis;
- Work closely with other departments to provide a cohesive approach to service delivery; promote the hospital and identifying commercial opportunities;
- Participate in the development of the strategic and operational plans and update annually;
- Monitor and understand staff satisfaction drivers and actively implement and promote initiatives which prevent the loss of quality staff. Develop a succession plan for key positions in your departments;
- Management of complaints and incidents in a timely and sensitive manner in line with the organisations Policy and process. Maintain an awareness of customer feedback and utilise this information to evaluate and improve service delivery;
- Maintain a sound knowledge of your current profession including practices and legislation.
- Current Registration with the NMC as a Registered General Nurse;
- Experience in leading/managing an established team of staff and implementing innovate clinical practice;
- Background in acute surgery/medicine;
- Proven ability to lead change and deliver measurable outcomes;
- Excellent communication skills.