Strategic Capital Projects Manager
We are currently supporting a large public sector organisation in the appointment of a Senior Capital Projects professional. The role is for an initial period of 12 months responsible for the delivery of estates rationalisation and development strategies as well current programmes of work.
- Support the implementation of Estates Strategies for new models of health, social care, and other public sector services;
- Deliver current capital schemes, also rationalise/dispose of the older estate; including planning, setting and maintaining standards and advising SMT accordingly;
- Work across multiple stakeholders on a frequent basis, taking a lead in business case development, internal regional and national given the value of the schemes;
- Undertake a number of other property related duties including supporting other partners and departments in the delivery of their capital programmes including minor works;
- Led on major construction and development projects including planning, design, construction and commissioning;
- Chair and present at a range of meetings ranging from small project meetings to large groups of stakeholders and local and regional level;
- Manage interdependencies of project related property management including maintenance and leases; provide high calibre property and estates management direction;
- Ensure the successful delivery of a wide range of estates projects from inception to post project evaluation in a manner that ensures that the estates strategy is delivered.
- Proven experience in delivering large health related projects from a client side or contract management perspective; given the major capital programme value, strategic aspect essential;
- Ability to build and maintain excellent relationships in a fast-paced environment delivering a varied works portfolio;
- Relevant professional qualifications such as RICS, RIBA or equivalent, a building/general would be preferred;
- Experience of delivering complex estates projects in a politically sensitive and complex public sector environment. Preferably NHS or Local Authority.