Associate Director/Head of Operational Estates
A large NHS organisation is currently seeking a very capable individual to be responsible for the Operations and Maintenance of a busy Estates and Facilities Directorate whilst they recruit to the permanent post.
- Manage the estates operational and maintenance services for the Trust ensuring that the buildings, engineering systems and grounds are safe, well maintained, fit for purpose, available for their intended use within budget and improve the patients experience;
- Lead the maintenance team to deliver corporate aims, objectives and
- aspirations of the Trust and be the operational specialist for estates services providing professional engineering and building expertise, guidance, technical advice for all estates matters;
- Ensure that the Trusts estate complies with Statutory Legislation, Health Technical Memorandum’s (HTM’s), Codes of Practice, The Health Act, CQC Standards and meets patient and service needs;
- Key member of the Estates senior management team to identify and implement service improvement projects using lean methodology and change management techniques;
- Responsible for operational estate management, electrical and mechanical services, building fabric, maintenance programmes, minor improvement works, energy and utility management, grounds and gardens and maintenance/service contracts;
- Manage, monitor and co-ordinate all operations and maintenance activities (building and engineering) with appropriate arrangements in place for the delivery of responsive and effective estates services including ‘out of hours’ on-call service and emergency contingency plans in support of patient care.
- Recognised degree in engineering (electrical or mechanical), building
- services or equivalent qualification and experience;
- Extensive experience in operational in NHS estate management (multi-disciplinary) at a senior level;