Head of Business Improvement
- Job Type
Bupa - The changing face of healthcare
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our status, as a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders, enables us to make our customers our focus, reinvesting our profits to provide more and better healthcare for current and future customers.
Around 70% of our revenue is from health insurance, with the rest from health and care provision. We fund healthcare around the world and run clinics, dental centres, hospitals, care homes and retirement villages in a number of countries.
We’re seeking to appoint an experienced Head of Business Improvement that will lead and direct a highly skilled and specialised operational excellence team, responsible for providing the services of continuous improvement, system rules development, business change, risk, incident and control governance and expertise to all UKI operational functions. The role has a significant influence on efficiency and effectiveness measures improving service capability at all levels and ultimately a bottom line contribution.
Qualifications, Training & Experience:
- Lead, coach and develop a team of managers to deliver high quality outputs and tangible business value;
- Direct the resources of the Business Improvement teams to ensure UKI Operations deliver an overall capability of successful business improvement and transformation through robust governance and change methodologies;
- Develop improvement frameworks in line with Continuous Improvement principles to drive out waste from processes and improve service capability and champion continuous improvement in all the operational teams both front and back office;
- Ensure UKI Operations are managing their risk and incident exposure effectively, compliance activity is robust and auditory reviews are completed;
- Ensure system rules development through Haley and In Rule deliver business value reducing process and benefit costs and providing greater straight through decision making capability;
- Manage effective stakeholder relationships with Executive and other Senior Management across UKI Operations and other corporate functions;
- Educated to degree level or equivalent management qualification;
- Proven project management and/or continuous improvement accreditation (e.g. Lean, Agile, Prince 2);
- Proven track record of managing specialist teams of people and complex operational areas in a customer centric environment;
- Advanced ability in use of MS Office suite packages;
- Experience of influencing decisions at all levels of the organisation;
- Ability to construct and track spend across multi million pound budgets, highly numerate and analytical;
- Proven track record in delivering significant operational improvements in a multi-functional (front and back office) and multi-location environment;
- Sound knowledge of FCA regulatory requirements;
- Experience of liaising with external partners, third party suppliers and key account decision makers.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Head of Business Improvement to deliver significant operational business improvements and work collaboratively within the business. The successful candidate must be an excellent people leader, key influencer with the ability to motivate teams so this will make a real difference to the customer experience.
At Bupa we offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes bonus, car allowance, a contributory pension, life assurance, private medical insurance, permanent health insurance, 25 days annual leave entitlement and free health screening.
Please contact our Executive Recruitment Partner, Zoe Allen on (number supplied) to discuss the role in more detail or click on the link provided to apply for the role.
Apply for Head of Business Improvement
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly