Fire Safety Manager
A large healthcare organisation is looking to appoint an experienced Fire Safety Professional, whilst they undertake the recruitment process for the permanent position.
- Provide specialist fire safety advice to and across the organisation on all fire safety matters to achieve the corporate objectives;
- Provide specialist technical support in the interpretation and application of the provisions of statutory and mandatory requirements as outlined in FIRECODE, all relevant legislation, codes of practice, Trust policies and procedures etc. ensuring compliance;
- Liaise with all necessary internal and external stakeholders e.g. Trust staff, Local Government, The Fire and Rescue Service, the Health and Safety Executive etc. on matters of fire precaution;
- Identify and lead initiatives in support of the fire strategy, communicating and disseminating information at all levels within the Trust including the Trust Board;
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with managers at all levels, in order to ensure that the resources of the Directorate contribute to the delivery of patient care;
- Minimise the risk of fire occurring by establishing and maintaining safe fire procedures through delivery of fire awareness training and communication, specifying fire warning and firefighting systems. Organise fire drills and monitor their effectiveness compiling accurate records of staff training and drills;
- Education to degree level or equivalent professional qualification relating to Fire Safety; ideally hold Corporate membership of a Professional Organisation e.g. the Institute of Fire Engineers (MIFireE)/the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH);
- Operational experience of the workplace application of Fire Safety within a healthcare organisation;
- Knowledge of the principles of: Fire Safety Policy; Fire Risk Assessment; Fire legislation and Codes of Practice; Fire Safety Audits (including an ability to undertake them) Fire Safety installations; Fire Safety Management Systems;
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with the ability to organise own priorities.