Deputy Chief Executive
North & South Essex Local Medical Committees
The Essex LMCs Ltd are looking for a Deputy Chief Executive to join our dedicated team and to contribute to our continued development as a forward looking and innovative organisation representing the GPs and practices in Essex. Essex has two LMCs, North and South, which are the organisations based in Statute providing representation and support to all GPs providing NHS services to the 1.9 million population of the County.
The LMCs, via the Annual Conference of LMCs, agree the strategic direction of the GP Committee of the BMA. LMCs themselves are not trade unions.
We will consider either full time or part time applicants (Minimum commitment 3 days).
The Remuneration package is competitive and includes a generous pension contribution.
We are based in Hatfield Peverel, which is in Mid Essex, but the post will require significant travel across the County to liaise with CCGs, practices and other colleagues.
- Objective setting and strategic overview in support of the LMCs and the Board of Essex LMCs Ltd
- Personnel issues and management of the office
- Production of strategic and operational documents
- Production of guidance on NHS Regulations
- Regular liaison with CCGs, STPs, NHS E, emerging PCNs and practices
- Investigation and advice on complex practice issues including financial and regulatory
- Budget setting and financial management
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a commitment to general practice within the NHS
- Has an understanding of the structure and regulation underpinning general practice
- Can build positive relationships with senior managers from a range of health and social care organisations
- Can interpret and give advice on complex NHS regulations and contracts
- Has experience of budget management
The Essex LMCs have a reputation for innovation and for taking the lead on difficult issues. We have been championing and developing working at scale for around 7 years and have links to both provider and educational organisations supported by general practice. We have excellent relationships with colleagues across health and social care but we are not frightened to be frank and honest about problematic topics. We currently work across three STP footprints, but we cover the area equivalent to the County Council.
Letters of application, together with a fully completed application form (CVs are not acceptable) clearly demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the person specification should be sent in confidence to:-
Dr Brian Balmer
North & South Essex LMCs Ltd
5 Whitelands, Terling Road
The closing date for applications is Monday 9th September 2019
Interviews will take place in the week commencing 30th September 2019
If you have any questions, please contact Annettte, or Sarah on 01245 383430 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be acknowledged. If you have not received an acknowledgement within 48 hours, please contact us.
Essex LMCs are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Apply for Deputy Chief Executive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly