Patient Flow and Discharge Planning Manager (Medicine)
- Job Type
A large NHS organisation is currently looking to appoint a senior clinician, this role will be integral to the Medical Directorate. Delivering transformation for SDEC (Same Day Emergency Care) schemes with Frailty and Urgent Treatment Services as the priority pathways.
- Play a key role in ensuring escalation of clinicaloperational concerns to appropriate key individuals within the Medical Divisions;
- Organise and prioritise own workload within timescales and schedules building in flexibility to deal with unforeseen demands on time and resources;
- Work to minimise non clinical transfers and subsequently reduce risk and improve patient experience;
- Identify and take immediate action to resolve and prevent delays within the patient flow system, escalating unresolved issues to appropriate SMT;
- Working with clinical staff to improve processes for admission, patient flow within the Trust and patient transfer/discharge procedures;
- Liaise with members of the multi-professional team both within the organisation and with external stakeholders, to ensure continuity is maintained and patient flow is maximised.
- Registered General Nurse, with current active registration to the NMC register;
- Proven experience working within Medicine, understanding Patient Flow and Discharge Planning;
- Understand the NHS Improvement, Same day emergency care (SDEC) the initiative in which the NHS is working to provide the right care, in the right place, at the right time for patients;
- Proven track record of being involved in large scale transformation/improvement to ensure that patient care is the upmost priority.