Learning Disability Nurse Assessor/Community Nurse
A large NHS organisation is looking to appoint a Learning Disabilities Community Nurse Band 6 level for a period of 3 months initially.
- Undertake specialist LD nursing health assessments either individually or as part of an MDT assessment of adults with a learning disability and evaluate programmes of care, in particular for people with LD who have epilepsy, young people in transition;
- Work as part of an integrated health & social care team and undertake programmes of care in a multi-disciplinary team approach;
- Facilitate individuals to have a yearly physical health check and ensure that reasonable adjustments are in place;
- Engage with Primary Care teams and support them to initiate, contribute to, and implement programmes of care for adults with a learning disability;
- Responsible for assessment of health needs implementation and evaluation of programmes of care;
- Develop further support for people with LD who have epilepsy/young people in transition either individually or as part of an MDT assessment;
- Work with individuals, carers and service providers to ensure they are integral to Person Centred Plans;
- Responsible from case load and consult with line manager;
- Engage with service providers to identify health facilitators within their organisations and provide awareness training and resource material for that role;
- Identify local health needs and contribute to team and service development towards reducing health inequalities and enhancing access to services;
- Work closely with the Department of Public Health to ensure that people with learning disabilities are included in initiatives designed to improve and maintain good health.
- Current NMC registration, ideally RNLD but will consider RMN with extensive experience within LD;
- Significant post graduate experience in Community Nursing;
- Thorough knowledge of legislation, guidance and best practice frameworks relating to health and social care of people with learning disabilities;
- Experience related to working in multidisciplinary joint agency teams.