Director of Infection, Prevention, Control and Quality Assurance
A large healthcare organisation is currently seeing the appointment of an interim candidate for a period of 6 months, either on an interim or FTC basis.You will have extensive senior level management experience across Infection, Prevention and Control also understand Quality Assurance regulations involved within this remit.
- Provision of Infection Control and Prevention (IPC) management, reporting the Executive team across multiple hospital sites; point of contact within the organisation for all IPC related matters;
- Development and implementation of IPC polices, in line with regulatory bodies recommendations and direction given, ensuring a organisational wide approach to IPC;
- Complete oversight for the organisation of risk management, quality assurance and clinical governance related to IPC and Health and Safety related matters;
- Key point of contact for CQC in relation to IPC and Health and Safety related matters of all hospital sites;
- Provision of assurance to the Executive Board, inclusive of involvement in related board/ external bodies reporting;
- Development of IPC and Health and Safety Training to be rolled out to all hospital sites, ensuring a positive organisational message around the importance of these matters are engaged at all levels both clinically and non-clinically within the staffing groups;
- Provide specialist knowledge and reviews on services to improve their understanding and improve their adherence to all matters related.
- Hold a duty of care and personal obligation to act to reduce healthcare-associated infections (HCAIs);
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience;
A successful candidate will have:
- Ability to provide leadership and development of all disciplines of staff in the specialist area of IPC and Health and Safety related;
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, Motivational skills and Presentation skills;
- Registered Nurse (or other profession e.g. Operating Department Practitioner), with proven expertise based on career background in the specialist areas mentioned in the job description;
- Teaching and assessing qualification e.g. ENB 998 (or equivalent); NEBOSH Certification.
For further information on this role please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674, alternatively please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org