Interim Sterile Services Manager
A high profile NHS organisation is seeking to appoint an Interim Sterile Services Manager for a 6 month period assignment initially.
This is a key role within the organization and experience in a similar role within the NHS is essential. The post holder will be responsible for the day to day operation of the Sterile Services Department.
This role will start ASAP and be remunerated under the NHSI Agency Caps at Band 8a/8b.
- Day to day management of the SSD team.
- Lead on all decontamination issues within SSD.
- Manage the service with the delegated budget
- Provide a supervisory and quality role within SSD
- To lead a highly skilled team, maintaining the high standards of an accredited Sterile Services and Endoscopy Decontamination Service.
- To take responsibility for the co-ordination and day to day running of the SSD
- To lead the recertification process and systems required to achieve accreditation.
- To take user responsibility for sterile services.
- To work closely with the service users, Trust Decontamination Lead, Nominated User and Authorised Person to ensure that all quality check s are undertaken and accurate records are kept on a daily basis.
- Day to day management of the SSD to ensure the service requirements provided are in accordance with local and national requirements and quality frameworks. Ensure that the SSD continues to meet the requirements of the standards to which it is certificated.
- Plan and prioritise the workflow of the department ensuring the optimal usage of resources, taking responsibility for the timely movement of all instruments and endoscopes in accordance with demand.
A Successful candidate will have:
- Relevant degree in decontamination or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Management or supervisory qualification or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Experience in the management of an accredited Sterile Services Department.
- Experience of managing SSD Instrument tracking and management systems.
- Experience of managing a ISO13485quality management system and re-accreditation and auditing processes.
If you are interested in this post, please send a copy of your updated CV to Toni Coates