Intrapartum Midwifery Matron
5 days left
- Job Type
Are you an experienced Senior Midwife or Matron motivated and ready for your next development opportunity?
If so, there has never been a more exciting time to join the Senior Midwifery team at University Hospitals of Derby and Burton. We are a large progressive maternity service which embraces innovation and strives to deliver exceptional care together in partnership with women, families and external stakeholders . Safe care and positive patient experience are central to our service delivery and we are currently making progress toward implementing a range of continuity of carer models reflecting the national maternity transformation programme ambition to improve outcomes for mothers and babies.
As the Intrapartum Midwifery Matron, you will use and develop your clinical leadership skills and operational management skills to work collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary team engaging with staff, women and families, influencing and leading change to embed a culture of quality improvement and shared learning across the service.
As a valued member of the Senior Midwifery team, you will work in partnership with other colleagues, service providers and service users to provide assurance to the, Business Unit General Manager, Head of Midwifery and Director of Midwifery, in the delivery of safe, compassionate maternity care.
A full package of support, including an ongoing local coaching programme will be available for the successful candidate.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development, together with an opportunity to work across some or all of our 5 sites depending on specialty
- Support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond
- Friendly, supportive and caring colleagues
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key facts about our Trust:
- Every day our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients
- We see more Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
- An average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – the 6th largest in the country
- Our hospitals admit more than 220 emergency patients every day
- We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
- We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
- We carry out more than 300 elective procedures each working day
- We employ 12,000 staff across our 5 hospital sites
- We have a Director of Allied Health Professionals who is committed to provide leadership, progression and direction to AHPs
Closing Date: 24 September 2020
Interview Date: 9 October 2020